Power generation is the process of generating electricity from sources of primary energy. Electricity is mainly generated at a power plant by electromechanical generators, which are primarily driven by heat engines fuelled by nuclear fission or chemical combustion. Furthermore, kinetic energy of flowing wind, water, geothermal power and solar photovoltaics are less common, but equally important energy sources used for electricity generation.
NDT inspections of industrial equipment and engineered structures are fundamental in power generation plants. State-of- the-art methodology is applied to assess the current condition, fitness-for-service, and remaining life of equipment. NDT inspection provides basic data to develop strategic plans for extending plant life.
NDT life extension and life assessment services include:
Equipment Integrity Analysis
- Corrosion Monitoring of Structures and Equipment
- Corrosion Damage Evaluation
- Fatigue and Creep Damage Prediction
- Fitness-for-Service Evaluation
- Wind Turbine Evaluation of Structural Welds
- Turbine Components Inspection
- Flow Accelarated Corrosion Assessment
- Feeders Inspection
- Piping and Tubing Inspection
- High Energy Piping Inspections
- Babbitt Bearing Inspections